Vietnamese Gin Mignonette for Oysters
This recipe is a modern take on a traditional mignonette, which brings to life well-loved Vietnamese flavours that are fresh and pair perfectly with the creaminess of Oysters. Use the best quality Gin you can find, I especially love using local artisanal brands as, depending on how they’ve been distilled, they can add a really unique flavor profile.
· 60ml Gin
· 60ml Rice Vinegar
· 2tbsp Fish Sauce
· 1tsp Palm Sugar (or Brown Sugar if you can’t get Palm Sugar)
· 3 Corriander Roots, cleaned and finely chopped
· 2 Shallots, finely chopped
· Juice of 1 Lime
1. Place the gin, vinegar, fish sauce, sugar and coriander in a small saucepan and bring to the boil over medium heat. Set aside to cool.
2. Once cooled, stir in the shallots and add the lime juice. If you like, you can also add some fresh coriander leaves or finely sliced chili as a garnish.
3. Serve over freshly shucked creamy oysters – delicious!